Wednesday 8 August 2012

Slow cooker beef

I love my slow cooker, I prepare my foods in the morning and enjoy the smell of fresh food all day until dinner time!

Here is a recipe that was a big hit a couple of nights ago for my family of five – It’s syn free and contains 1/3 superfree.

Moroccan spiced beef
(served 2 adults 3 children)

500g lean stewing beef
1 onion – chopped and fried in a non-stick pan wiped with a tiny bit of oil
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
400g tinned tomatoes
1 tsp salt
250ml veg stock
a handful of red lentil
250g mixed frozen veg

Put everything into the slow cooker, leave it on low for 6 hours + and relax! I served mine with pasta but would go equally well with cous cous or rice. The smell of cinnamon was quite over powering but the taste was just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment